Could you have Non-24?
Do you find yourself tossing and turning, unable to get a good night's sleep? Do you have a strong urge to nap during the day? Are you tired, moody, or feeling out of sync with the typical day-night cycle?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, you're not alone. You may have a serious medical condition called Non-24-Hour Disorder (Non-24), a chronic circadian rhythm disorder that affects 70% of people who are totally blind.Sign up now to learn more and help the blindness community at the same time
"During the day, my Non-24 can lead to a sort of battle inside of me to maintain alertness."
We're here for you 24 hours a day, every day. Call a health educator toll free at 1-855-856-2424 to find answers to your questions about Non-24.
Sign up and $24 will go to the blindness community
When you sign up today, a $24 donation will be made on your behalf by Vanda Pharmaceuticals to five advocacy groups:
- American Foundation for the Blind (AFB)
- American Council of the Blind (ACB)
- National Federation of the Blind (NFB)
- Blinded Veterans Association (BVA)
- VisionServe Alliance
You can sign up using the form below or speak directly to a health educator at 1-855-856-2424 any time, day or night.
*Denotes required field.
Nighttime and daytime symptoms
Though Non-24 may sound like a sleep disorder, it isn't. It's a circadian rhythm disorder that causes nighttime sleep problems and a wide range of daytime difficulties, including a powerful urge to nap. Circadian rhythms control your master body clock, which tells you when to sleep, when to wake, when to eat, among other things.
While the severity of the condition may vary and each person's experience is unique, some of the commonly reported symptoms of Non-24 are:
- Not being able to sleep when you want
- Excessive sleepiness during the day
- Daytime napping or dozing off during the day
- Periods of poor sleep quality at night
- Sleeping through the night, but not waking up feeling alert and refreshed
- Problems with focus and concentration; trouble with memory
- Difficulty with daily tasks
- Feeling irritable
If you are totally blind and experiencing any of these symptoms, you are not alone. Sign up to keep up with the latest Non-24 information and a great chance to support the blindness community at the same time.